Saturday, May 8, 2021

White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Cookies

This is still part of the mass baking day I did the first weekend in May. You'll always see cookie recipes as part of my mass baking days since I could (and do) mix together cookie doughs any time I have a spare 15-20 minutes throughout the week then I keep the cookie doughs in my freezer until I'm ready to bake. 

It's a handy time management trick since I tend to do my mass baking when I have several free hours (which only seems to be on my Friday day off and/or the weekend) and baking a ton of cookies is much easier and takes less time when the cookie doughs are already made up and ready to go.
I love the coconut-macadamia combination and macadamias are almost the only nut I can tolerate inside a cookie since they don't soften like pecans and aren't bitter like walnuts. Plus they taste good.
This is a pretty good cookie. It has brown sugar overtones, the chewiness of coconut, the crunch of macadamia nuts and the sweetness from the white chocolate. All in all, a great combination. 

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chunks
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, lightly toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped
1 10-ounce package sweetened flaked coconut
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined and no butter lumps remain, 2-3 minutes.
  2. Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing briefly after each addition until just combined.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in two additions, mixing after each addition until just combined. Do not overmix.
  4. Fold in white chocolate, macadamia nuts and coconut. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough balls 2 inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes until edges are golden and middles no longer look raw. Cool on baking sheets for several minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment