Monday, May 31, 2021

Biscoff White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

It's been another little while since I last updated my blog. I could use the same (valid) excuse that I was busy, both with work and because now that I'm fully vaccinated, I've been able to get out more in terms of volunteering. Plus the weather has been nicer albeit all over the place with temps varying by 40-50 degrees in the same week, sometimes in the same day.
But I had also been feeling some ennui, back to feeling like I'm not really doing anything new. Since most of my baking has been concentrated on sending out military care packages for Soldiers Angels, I'm still doing a lot of cookies and brownies and there's a sameness to them, especially since I also tend to same the same basic types of cookies (chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, oatmeal chocolate chip) and brownies (fudge brownies plain or with different mix-ins like chocolate chips, Nutella, Oreos, candy bars).
I did do some baking for local housing-insecure/homeless folks a few times but again the same type of things since they could easily be packed in lunch bags for distribution and consumption. For that latest effort, I made over 100 cookies, brownies and a bundt cake that I sliced and packaged up for inclusion. The bundt cake was only okay (to me) and was what I was supposed to post about next. Since it didn't seem that inspired to me, I couldn't think what to write about it.
So this is my long lead-in to say I'm just going to do the obvious and just blog what I want to blog about. And what I want to blog about are the things I liked and turned out well, not stuff that just turned out okay and not that interesting to me. 
Fortunately, this one turned out well and I rather liked it. That's the norm for any recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction. If you haven't ever tried any of her recipes, this is a great one to start with. It's easy to make and it's delicious, especially if you're a cookie butter fan. The dough is very easy to make and work with. The cookies don't spread much and this is an excellent flavor combination between the cookie butter, the oatmeal and white chocolate.

It also has the added benefit of mailing well because, like most oatmeal cookies, it bakes up sturdy (not fragile) and is easily packaged and shipped. Be sure to check out Sally's blog for more amazing recipes.

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/2 cup Biscoff or cookie butter spread
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or chunks
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
  2. In a separate, larger bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Whisk in egg until combined. Add cookie butter and vanilla and stir until combined.
  3. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
  4. Add oats and white chocolate, reserving a handful of white chocolate chips.
  5. Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough balls on baking sheets. Bake 11-12 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Do not overbake. Remove from oven, let cookies rest on baking sheets for several minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment