2 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
¼ tsp of baking powder
dash of Salt & pepper
1 tsp of your preferred seasoning *optional
8 medium sized shrimp, without the shell
½ cup or more of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your deep fryer to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt & pepper, and any additional seasoning.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Put the shredded coconut flakes in a separate bowl.
- One at a time, place the shrimp in the batter and using your hands mold the batter around the shrimp and then immediately dip the batter covered shrimp in the coconut flakes.
- Press the coconut flakes all over the shrimp and set aside.
- Repeat for each shrimp.
- Place about 3-4 shrimp at a time in the deep fryer, flipping once when the underside of the batter is golden.
- The shrimp is done when it floats to the top, both sides of the batter are golden brown and the shrimp is a pink color.