|My lemon tree|
This recipe made enough sauce that I actually paired it with some whole wheat noodles and baked it off as a casserole to make lemon chicken pasta. I liked how easy it was to make although if you want more lemon flavor, I'd increase the amount of lemon juice to at least 1/3 to 1/2 cup. This wasn't super lemony so it might also be good to place sliced lemons on top of the chicken before baking.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp butter
1 cup chicken broth, I use a bullion cube and a cup of water
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese, optional
1/3 cup green onions (green tops), chopped plus more for garnish if desired
whole wheat noodles, boiled to al dente and drained
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat chicken with flour mixture
- In a large somewhat deep frying pan, Brown chicken in butter until both sides are a nice brown color.
- Add chicken broth, lemon, cream and onions or mushrooms if desired
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or so, until meat is tender.
- Place noodles in baking dish and pour lemon chicken over. Sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired, and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with more green onions if desired.