Saturday, December 30, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #60: Lemon Poppyseed, Chocolate Crumb Cake, Gingerbread Cake and Caramel Shortbread ft Twix

Crumb Cookies review #60: Lemon Poppyseed, Chocolate Crumb Cake, Gingerbread Cake and Caramel Shortbread ft Twix, visited December 6, 2023

Chocolate Crumb Cake
 
This review is mostly about the Chocolate Crumb Cake as I've already reviewed the Lemon Poppyseed (twice, the second Lemon Poppyseed bought at the Sparks store was way better than the first one bought at a Las Vegas store).


Gingerbread Cake
I've also reviewed the Gingerbread Cake but the one I got 2 years ago was much better than the one from this year. In a rare miss from my Sparks store, this one was a trifle overbaked or fully baked. The edges were hard and the texture of the cookie wasn't as underbaked as I would've liked or how my first one was from 2 years ago. 
Lemon Poppyseed

Shortbread featuring Twix
The shortbread featuring Twix though was much better from the Sparks store than the Vegas one. In Vegas, I got Twix dust. From the Sparks store, I got Twix chunks as the garnishes were supposed to be. The caramel was amazing as always.

Chocolate Crumb Cake
But the real review is for the Chocolate Crumb Cake. It might look slightly familiar as I was told the original test cookie was called the Chocolate Babka which I did get and review as a test cookie back in August 2023. The cookie on the regular menu was changed to have the chocolate glaze, more chocolate crumble garnished and they cut back on the cinnamon flavor so it didn't fight for supremacy with the chocolate (spoiler: the chocolate flavor won). I approve of these changes, even with the chocolate glaze, which I also enjoyed. I liked the flavor of this cookie much better than the tester since it was more of a chocolate cookie only subtly flavored with cinnamon. And as you can tell from the below picture, I loved the texture as that's the perfect cookie texture to me at room temperature: dense, moist and chewy, not too mushy/raw but also not cakey or dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment