Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #61: Chocolate Caramel Tart (tester)

Crumbl Cookies review #61: Chocolate Caramel Tart (test cookie) - visited December 6, 2023


I love test cookies, especially ones like these. It's a "pie cookie" which basically means a cookie shell filled with, in this case, goodness. There's a caramel layer topped by a chocolate mousse layer topped by a thick chocolate ganache. Then sprinkled with flakes of sea salt.

If that sounds good to you, it's because it was. This is supposed to be served chilled, probably because of the mousse, and I don't like chilled cookies so I let it come to room temperature first before I tried it. I liked this cookie because I liked each of its components separately and they worked well together. The cookie base isn't too sweet (although to be honest, weeks later, I can't remember clearly what the base was, only that it served as a good base) and I always love Crumbl's caramel. I'm not a huge fan of mousse or ganache but both were good and worked well with this cookie. The ganache was almost likea thick fudge and wasn't too overwhelmingly chocolaty. I'm also not a big fan of sea salt sprinkled on cookies but I'm probably a minority on that one and I don't see them omitting it if/when this hits the regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment