Saturday, January 6, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #62 - Chocolate Cereal Milk (tester) and Gingersnap

Crumbl Cookies review #62: Chocolate Cereal ft Milk and Gingersnap - visited December 20, 2023
Chocolate Cereal Milk
This is my last visit to Crumbl for 2023 and I'm still trying to catch up on my reviews.

I continue to be fascinated by the test flavors so even if I do or don't like what's on the regular menu, I will almost always go for the test cookie. The test flavors are posted on the app and shows which test locations are testing which flavor. I've started to screenshot what the different options are. My store only tests one flavor at a time so my FOMO kicks in to see what other flavors are being tested.

Mine did the Chocolate Cereal Milk ft (insert chocolate pebbles cereal?). I loved 2 of the 3 things about this cookie. The first was the cookie itself. Look at that perfect texture below. Flavor was also really good, not too richly chocolate. I also liked the light vanilla glaze over it and thought it was a perfect complement to the chocolate cookie. What I didn't like though is the chocolate cereal coating. 
It was nice and crunchy when I first bit into it shortly after I got it although some bits of cereal had already started to soften from the moistness of the glaze. But, you guessed it, as more time passed, more cereal started to soften and stale. I don't eat Crumbl cookies all at once; they're too big and have too many calories. So I usually only eat a quarter piece then I freeze the rest. Past experience proved cereal does not freeze well at all so I left this one out and ate it over the next couple of days. Yup, cereal got stale. If this hits the regular menu, I wouldn't get it if they still do the cereal coating. I liked the cookie and glaze but it's not worth $5 to pay for an outer coating that'll stale before I can eat it.
Gingersnap
The other flavor I got this week was the Gingersnap. I had been disappointed in the Gingerbread Cake from earlier in the month because the edges were hard and crunchy and the cookie wasn't as underbaked as I would've liked. But I did like the flavor so I thought I'd try again with the ginger snap.
I'm glad I did because this was delicious. It was baked perfectly, not too hard but not too underbaked either. And the flavor was delicious, not too over-spiced but definitely good flavor. I never used to be a fan of gingerbread or gingersnap cookies because I don't like molasses that much and I've tried some bad ones. But apparently when you have a good one, you become a fan.
Nice job on this one, Crumbl.

No comments:

Post a Comment