Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #45: Chocolate Babka (test cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #45: Chocolate Babka (test cookie), visited August 2, 2023
Every week that isn't a mystery week, on Wednesdays, stores designated as tester stores will "test" out a new flavor in addition to the regular lineup. Presumably if it does well, they'll add it to the regular rotation. Sometimes they test entirely new flavors, other times they tweak an existing flavor and test if people like those changes. Not all Crumbls are tester stores but I'm really glad my store is one of them. 
Although there are some weeks where my store doesn't participate in the test cookie. But this particular week, they did and tested out a chocolate babka. The other test flavor was Chocolate Raspberry Truffle but I don't like berry flavors in my cookies so I was happy my store did the chocolate babka option.

I've never had a real babka before so I don't know what they're supposed to taste like. In cookie form, while warm, I enjoyed this cookie. The cinnamon wasn't too strong and the texture was good Crumbl standard. I also liked that it was only lightly glazed and not smothered in frosting as many Crumbl cookies are.
But I have to admit, even though I enjoyed it warm, not sure this cookie was all that memorable or that I would get it again on the regular menu if there were other flavors I wanted more. And at fully room temperature, the cinnamon flavor was more pronounced and I didn't love the chocolate-cinnamon pairing. So this cookie is an okay-to-good for me but it didn't hit great.


No comments:

Post a Comment