Tuesday, August 8, 2023

White Chocolate Orange Cookies from All Recipes Tried and True Top 200 Cookies

White Chocolate Orange Cookies - made dough July 15, 2023 from All Recipes Tried and True Top 200 Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
  1. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and orange zest.
  2. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt on low speed. Fold in white chocolate chips.
  3. Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
  4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough discs.
  5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Remove from heat and let rest on baking sheets for several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. 
I'm making another (perpetual) effort to use more of my baking books instead of (also perpetually) trying to clear out my pinterest board of recipes to try. 
There are some baking books I have that are hit or miss, which is partly why I don't use them as often as I should. This particular book is a compilation of "tried and true" recipes from the allrecipes.com site and I got it donkey's years ago. I don't use it often as many of the recipes seem the same and there aren't any pictures in it so it seems less compelling to use. Yeah, don't ask me why I bought it back then. That would've been my acquisitive phase of all books baking.
Regardless, this one turned out pretty well. It's an orange white chocolate combination or what I consider an orange creamsicle cookie. I don't use orange as a flavor very often in my baking. Not sure why as I like an orange and white chocolate pairing. Not so much orange and semisweet or milk chocolate or even dark chocolate but white chocolate sets up the orange flavor nicely.
This cookie was a little crisp but not crispy. It's not as soft and chewy as a traditional chocolate chip cookie but it's a nice alternate if you don't want a more traditional cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment