Thursday, August 10, 2023

Crumbl review #44: Chocolate Crumb ft Oreo, Cookie Butter White Chip, Honey Bun, Lemon Cream Pie

Crumbl Cookies review #44 - Chocolate Crumb ft Oreo, Cookie Butter Whip Chip, Honey Bun, Lemon Cream Pie 

Yes, this was a 4-pack week as I wanted all 4 flavors that I got. I'd already tried the Chocolate Crumb ft Oreo and that's probably one of the very few chocolate-based cookies from Crumbl that I actually like so I "had" to get it again.

Chocolate Crumb featuring Oreo
I hadn't tried the Cookie Butter White Chip before although I had made a copycat recipe a couple of years ago and thought it was excellent
Cookie Butter White Chip
The actual Crumbl original was also quite good. I like the thickness of the cookie and the texture. Texture is typically what sucks me into Crumbl, more than the flavor. Cookie butter isn't that strong of a flavor and I wouldn't say this cookie had a strong cookie butter flavor either. The addition of the Biscoff cookie as a garnish is just that, garnish, rather than flavor. Still a good cookie but easy enough to pass next time it comes up as I could make something similar quite easily.


Honey Bun
I've had the honey bun before as well and from my notes, it seemed I liked it so I got it again this time to round out the 4 pack. But I have to admit, it's better (to me) warm. When I ate it at room temperature, the honey flavor was more prevalent. I don't like honey so that wasn't a positive. Now that I've had it twice, I don't think I'd get it a third time.
Lemon Cream Pie
The Lemon Cream Pie is new to the Crumbl lineup so my cookie curiosity decreed I had to try this one. I'm not a fan of creamy desserts or cream pies but I'm such a fan of Crumbl's banana cream pie cookie that I've become more open to trying their other cream pie cookies, especially since I like the sugar cookie crust of the banana cream pie.
Sadly, I didn't like the Lemon Cream Pie that much. The filling wasn't that lemony and - worse - the cookie shell was not as good as the one on the banana cream pie. It had a drier mouthfeel although the shell wasn't overbaked and was still soft. It just felt and tasted like a different cookie shell recipe, like it contained shortening rather than butter. Pass on this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment