Sunday, August 27, 2023

Coconut Blondies from The Ultimate Brownie Book

Coconut Blondies - made August 18, 2023 from The Ultimate Brownie Book by Bruce Weinstein 
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups coconut flakes
3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 9" baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until pale brown and thick, about 5 minutes. 
  4. Beat in egg until combined then beat in egg white and vanilla, mixing until combined. Beat in coconut flakes then chocolate chips. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
I'm trying to go back to my recipe books again, partly because I always want to use what I already have and partly because I'm going through another purge of "stuff" and want to pull out any potentially good recipes from some of my books before I donate them.
I haven't found a fudge brownie recipe that I like better than my go-to recipe even though I've tried a few from this book that I didn't blog about; they were good but they just weren't special enough. So I thought I'd mix it up with going with this coconut blondie recipe.
This was pretty good. It reminded me of the topping of a magic cookie bar without the sweetened condensed milk or nuts. The coconut makes this nicely chewy and sweet. It's a good one for coconut lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment