Monday, June 20, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #21 - Caramel Shortbread featuring Twix

Crumbl Cookies review #21 - Caramel Shortbread featuring Twix, June 13, 2022
Caramel Shortbread featuring Twix
Just one cookie to review this time as I wasn't interested in any of the other flavors on offer last week: Peanut Butter Cup (not big on peanut butter), M&M cookie (not special enough), Peach Sugar (I only like the real thing when it comes to peaches) and Classic Krispy Bar (I love Rice Krispie treats but for the cost of 1 Crumbl cookie, I can make a pan of them).
I even thought of skipping this lineup entirely since it seemed like the Twix would be good but predictable. But since I had tried a copycat recipe of the Twix cookie, I decided I wanted to try the Crumbl original as well.
I'm glad I did. The shortbread base was fine (predictable as I had, well, predicted) but I absolutely loved the caramel on this cookie. I don't know if they made it from scratch or bought it already pre-made but it was excellent. Just the right amount of "chewiness" and not cloyingly sweet. It complemented the chocolate layer and the shortbread cookie perfectly.

If I had a bone to pick with Crumbl about this cookie, it's with the topping. They advertised it as supposedly having "chunks" of Twix bars sprinkled over the chocolate. Um, how about crumbs? I've seen worse with other people's cookies that literally just have Twix dust. I get that Twix dust would be inevitable when chopping up mini Twix bars but I wish the employees had been a bit more diligent of making sure each cookie had at least a few chunks mixed in with the Twix dust. Otherwise, this was a good cookie. Not super spectacular and I think the copycat recipe would suffice but still a good cookie and I'm glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment