Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Pecan Sandies

Pecan Sandies - made dough January 31, 2021 from Everyday Eileen

Yes, it's been ages since I've updated my blog. No, I haven't given it up (yet?). Yes, I'm still working at what was supposed to be a "temporary" job which is partly why I haven't had time or inclination to blog.
I'm going to keep this short since I want to get this post up before work and because, really, who reads the post instead of just skipping to the recipe? 
This was a good cookie, easy to make, dough was easy to handle, and these cookies are sturdy and ship well. One thing I haven't given up when I went back to work is my volunteering with Soldiers Angels to ship care packages to deployed military service members overseas. These ship well and hold up, especially when vacuum sealed. 
Bonus that since you make the dough and chill or freeze beforehand, it's easy to fit into your day with making the dough one day and baking it off at a later date when you have more time. Enjoy. I hope to be back more regularly but I'm playing it by ear.




1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and chopped (do not skip toasting the pecans or you won't get the same flavor)
2 cups all-purpose flour
  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy and no lumps remain. Blend in both sugars and beat until combined. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. 
  2. Add flour and mix until just combined. Fold in toasted pecan pieces. Roll dough into logs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
  3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut dough logs into thick slices. Evenly space on baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are lightly browned and tops look dry or have a few small cracks. Do not overbake. Transfer to wire cooling racks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, silent reader here! So glad that you are back to blogging again. I love baking cakes and cookies for friends and family. I read your blog for inspiration and ideas....my favorite is your One Bowl Chocolate Chip cookies. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete