Thursday, February 11, 2021

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars - made August 3, 2020 from Your Home-Based Mom
I found this in my drafts so apparently I made these long ago, back in August 2020, which, in Covid time was about 10 years ago. 
I can't remember much about it, probably because I only ate a sliver as a taste test before packaging and mailing to military service members for Soldiers Angels. The only note I made was the second bake time was about 40 minutes before the bar cookies were golden brown and done enough to take out of the oven. That's all I got.
But, heck, they look good so I'm going to assume they also tasted good or I wouldn't have mailed them out.

2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) butter, chilled
1 egg
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 10-ounce package toffee bits
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  3. Add egg and mix well. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this mixture and press remaining mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
  4. Pour sweetened condensed milk over hot crust and top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture.
  5. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top then sprinkle remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25-30 more minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining toffee bits. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment