Monday, February 15, 2021

Starbucks Copycat Espresso Brownies

Starbucks Copycat Espresso Brownies - made January 17, 2021 from Little Spice Jar

I'm not going in order to blog what I've made. Some were from months ago, some from just a few weeks. I decided to keep things simple and just put up what I have and not worry about going in chronological order until I'm caught up.
Another brownie which went into military care packages. I've gotten feedback how popular coffee and caffeine is with our deployed troops so, in addition to sending instant coffee packets and k-pods, I decided to try out this recipe for Starbucks Copycat Espresso Brownies. I don't know how true the copycat version is to the real thing since I don't drink coffee and have never had a Starbucks espresso brownie. But I can tell you this was definitely coffee-flavored and a good choice for people who like that fudgy chocolate and coffee combination.
10 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup espresso powder
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips, optional
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" square baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In the top half of a double boiler set over hot water, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate, whisking until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar and espresso powder until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and flour. Add to butter-chocolate mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
  4. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs, not raw batter. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment