Thursday, February 18, 2021

M&M Cookies from Lil Luna

M&M Cookies - made October 2, 2020 from Lil Luna

As you can tell from the "monster" M&Ms in these cookies. I made these for October care packages. I made them early to allow for shipping time overseas to give them enough time to arrive for Halloween.
This is one of those recipes I could've sworn I've made before from Lil Luna but I couldn't find it on my blog so I made them now or, er, back in October. I always like the look of M&M cookies because it's so easy to make them seasonally relevant by switching out which M&Ms you use. But typically I'm not a big fan of the taste as they always strike me as too sweet. Not so much the cookie itself but because of the M&Ms. 
Regardless of my personal feelings though, these were a good cookie with crispy edges and chewy middles. One pro-tip: reserve some of the M&Ms and gently poke them strategically on top of the cookies immediately after you take them out of the oven. The colors will stay vibrant and not bleed over the cookie and you can "decorate" the cookies with judicious placement of the M&Ms.

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
M&M, plain
  1. Cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and oil.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, salt, baking soda and flour. Add to butter mixture in 2 additions, beating until just combined. Fold in M&Ms.
  4. Portion into dough balls and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space cookie dough balls. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles are no longer raw or shiny. Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling completely.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment