The Monday Box, which specializes in recipes that are good for care packages and mailing. I'm also going to say, based on this recipe alone, that she specializes in great cookies as well.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup cookie butter
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup toffee bits
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, cookie butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy and combined.
- Gradually add the oat mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in toffee bits.
- Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough balls on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown and set. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.