fudgy brownie recipe I've been obsessing about (sans Nutella for these), only this time I topped them with chopped up Cadbury mini eggs. That seemed fitting for Easter bag lunches.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until combined. Add egg and egg yolk; beat until combined. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 additions, beating until just combined after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Portion dough into generous golf-ball-sized balls. Cover, chill or freeze for several hours or overnight,
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets. Bake cookies at 400 degrees for 5 minutes then reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake another 7-10 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.