Sunday, April 25, 2021

Browned Butter Fudge Brownies

Here's another recipe from The Food Charlatan. I'd been making a lot of brownies for military care packages but mostly tweaking my new favorite brownie recipe.
I decided to mix it up a bit and try another new recipe. This one is purported to be "the best" but, as you know, I'm all kinds of skeptical about "the best" anything. Mostly because everyone has different tastes and what's the best to one person may not be to another. 
Case in point, while this was a very good fudgy brownie, my definition of the best varies in that I like my brownies a little thicker and a little less sweet. Nothing wrong with this one at all and I suggest giving it a whirl as it really is a good brownie. But, for now, I'm sticking with my recent favorite for what I consider the "best"...for me.
1 1/4 cups butter, melted and browned
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Whisk together hot melted browned butter and unsweetened chocolate until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth and combined.
  3. Stir in granulated sugar, salt, water and vanilla; whisk until smooth and combined.
  4. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition until combined.
  5. Stir in flour, beating by hand until combined and smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, not raw batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment