1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons medium-grain kosher salt
1 1/2 cups (320 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine melted butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition, until just combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and middles are no longer raw. Do not overbake. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets then transfer cookies to wire cooling rack to cool completely.