1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chunks (I used Milky Way Caramels instead - bad idea)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix in the baking soda.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once the batter forms (it will be thick), scrape it into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan.