3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy but I think crunchy would be better for a texture contrast)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- For the filling, mix the peanut butter and sugar together. Form into approximately 30 balls and freeze briefly in the freezer.
- While they're chilling, make the cookie dough: beat the butter, sugars and peanut butter together until combined. Add in the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.
- Gradually add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda until blended.
- Remove the peanut butter centers from the freezer and shape the cookie dough around each ball until completely covered.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes, until tops of cookies just begin to crack.