Saturday, October 5, 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies - made dough September 16, 2013, modified from allrecipes.com
If you click on the recipe title and go to the original recipe for these cookies, the first thing you'll notice is mine don't look quite like that. I'm not sure I used enough white chocolate or maybe even enough macadamia nuts.
This was still a good version of white chocolate macadamia cookies although they spread a bit more than I would've liked and you definitely want to underbake them to get the chewy texture.  This is a brown sugar cookie base so if you bake them until "done" they'll be dry the next day.
I confess I don't have much to say about them because they don't really stand out in my memory. Although that might be understandable since this was another cookie for Zoe's bake sale and it was one out of many I had made and barely tasted.  At some point in my cookie-baking frenzy that afternoon, I was doing the barest taste tests, just enough to make sure I hadn't used salt instead of sugar by the cupfuls or was risking poisoning anybody.  I didn't have the luxury of savoring a test cookie just for the taste.  I was in production mode.

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
6.5 ounces macadamia nuts, lightly toasted, rough chop
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment