Sunday, October 6, 2013

White Chocolate Macadamia Brownies

White Chocolate Macadamia Blondies - made September 20, 2013 from Life's Simple Measures
This is another bar cookie I made for Zoe's bake sale.  I already had White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies but I had more macadamias and white chocolate on hand so I forged ahead with a bar cookie version just to make sure I had enough baked goods to bring to the bake sale.
I was baking a lot of stuff the day before the bake sale and I couldn't taste test them all.  I ended up only having (literally) a sliver of this just to make sure it was okay.  I think it was.  This was a brown sugar blondie with white chocolate and macadamias.  This is very easy to overbake so watch it carefully.  I don't think I overbaked it but it might've been better if I had underbaked it a little more.  The middle was okay but the corners and edges would have benefited from a few minutes less in the oven.
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour and shake out the excess.  Set aside.
  2. Place butter and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment and cream together on medium speed until smooth batter is formed (about 3 minutes).  While the mixer is running, add eggs and vanilla extract, until incorporated into batter.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of flour and baking powder.  Slowly add flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed until a dough is formed.  Very gently, fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into dough.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set yet still moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment