Thursday, April 11, 2019

Restaurant Review: Bardot Brasserie, Las Vegas, NV

Bardot Brasserie - dinner on June 22, 2018
Another dreadfully late catch up of when coworker friends and I went to Bardot Brasserie in Las Vegas, a Michael Mina restaurant at the Aria.

As any foodie can expect, a Michael Mina restaurant is about elegant surroundings, beautifully prepared food with creative touches, and pride of presentation. And, to be honest, some pricy menu items. You don't go to Bardot Brasserie to save money.


I am somewhat hopelessly middle class. And while I enjoy food as much as the next person, or perhaps even a little more, unless it's dessert, I don't tend to be that snobby when it comes to "real food".
Onion Soup Gratinee $18
Don't get me wrong, I love a beautifully prepared and delicious meal. And I don't mind paying for it. Bonus points for the higher end restaurants where it isn't just about what goes from your fork to your mouth but also the experience of dining, not just eating.
Bardot Brasserie has that in spades. From the muted lighting, the soft murmur of its patrons and staff engaging in conversation (sharp contrast to the relentlessly cheerful noise of Hash House a Go Go) to the service and attentiveness of the wait staff and the cruise-ship-like offer of a roaming restaurant photographer taking pictures of the diners which they could purchase in glossy elegance, Bardot Brasserie was all about the experience.

Flat Iron Steak $49
Not to say that the food wasn't good because it was. I'm sorry that I can't remember what everyone ordered but I listed what I could remember. Pictures don't do the dishes justice. Presentation was everything and no thoughtful touch was left undone.


Moules Marinieres $19
Not sure I could dine like this every day. Actually, I know I couldn't. For one thing, my wallet couldn't stand it. I'm also not a formal every day kind of diner either. But it's good to mix up the experience once in awhile.

I'm glad we went and I'm glad I got to experience it. Michael Mina knows how to do elegance.
Apple Tarte Tatin $15

D'Anjou Pear and Almond Cake $13

Le Fromage $19

No comments:

Post a Comment