Friday, April 26, 2019

Restaurant Review: Daughters Cafe

Daughters Cafe - brunch on April 2, 2019
One of the upsides of moving to Reno is meeting up with one of my old friends from high school who moved there with her husband and kids many years ago. She lives a little farther out and suggested going to Daughters Cafe as she'd been looking for someone to try it out with her. It wasn't that far from where I was temporarily staying and I always like trying out new places so it was perfect.
Like what seems to be many places in Reno, Daughters Cafe is run out of what was once a house. On the outside it's clearly a house and when you walk in, the dining spaces are in different rooms in the house, similar to Homage Bakery. They're only open in the morning through end of lunch time so we met for brunch on a day I had off. It wasn't crowded (it's going to take me awhile to adjust to that in Reno) and the atmosphere was more homey than restaurant-like, as if we'd dropped in for a meal with the (unseen) owners of the house, rather than going out to a restaurant to eat.
The menu is pretty straightforward: there were several choices, most of which included fresh fruit and sausages, for a flat price of $15. I went with the Dutch Baby and my friend chose Shirred Eggs. I didn't get a picture of her order but I should have as I tried at bite of her eggs and they were delicious.
For myself, I loved the Dutch Baby pancake. It was fluffy and moist and just tasted good. The sausages were also delicious. Actually, I could probably rave about the sausages as much as, if not more than, the Dutch Baby. You know how food is delicious not just because of how it's prepared but also because they use the best ingredients? That's how the food at Daughters Cafe came across to me. Plus the fruit was top notch and not just a mere health garnish on the plate.

All in all, Daughters Cafe is one of the best places I've tried in Reno so far and I already want to go back. Next time, I'm ordering the Shirred Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment