|1st time - fail: You can tell just by looking at it that this is underbaked|
|2nd try - much better|
|The 2nd try|
|Noticeably better texture when baked properly the 2nd time around|
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup coconut milk
Frosting (can be doubled)
4 tablespoons butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing to incorporate. Add vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder and coconut milk, if using, on low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth and desired consistency (thin with milk if needed). Spread evenly over cake and sprinkle with toasted coconut.