Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #77 - Double Fudge Sandwich

Crumbl Cookies review #77: Double Fudge Sandwich - visited July 30, 2024
I'm behind in posting this as the Double Fudge Sandwich was from last week's menu. This was a new-to-me item but I don't know if this is their first time on the national menu. I don't normally get Crumbl's chocolate cookies as they're too rich for me so I don't pay attention to the chocolate cookie offerings.
I'd already tried the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake when it was a tester (didn't care for it) and the Cinnamon Crunch which used to be called Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Which I liked back then but didn't get it again this time as I'm (sad to say) kinda over Crumbl.

Not entirely over it as I do still get a cookie now and then but I've definitely stopped being as faithful as I once was. Case in point, while I've skipped the past couple of weeks, I did get this one, partly out of habit, partly because I had a gift card, lol. 
I've tried a peanut butter tester version of this that was called the Nutter Butter Brownie Sandwich. I haven't seen it hit the regular menu so they might've revamped that tester to be this one. The peanut butter was replaced entirely by chocolate but the concept is essentially the same: two chocolate cookies sandwiching a chocolate filling and drizzled with chocolate. 
If you're a chocoholic, this will please the purist in you. It's a straight shot of chocolate. I could only eat less than a quarter of the cookie as the taste test and bundled up the rest in pieces for the freezer. Still too rich for me. I might've liked it better if the frosting filling was similar to the one on the Dirt Cake or if the cookies were more Oreo-based rather than "brownie" which wasn't really a brownie but more like a rich chocolate cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment