Saturday, August 10, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #78 - German Chocolate Cake

Crumbl Cookies review #78: German Chocolate Cake - visited August 7, 2024
Ah, German Chocolate Cake, how much do I love thee? Enough to eat and enjoy but not enough to make with any regularity. So I was glad to see it was the cake offering at Crumbl this week. Not a full size cake but enough for 2-3 servings for one person.
I was especially glad it was on offer this week since I didn't like any of the cookies on the regular menu. They're not my thing but for posterity, here's what they were: Semisweet Chocolate Chunk, Strawberry Ice Cream Bar, Monster ft M&Ms, Blueberry Crumb Cake and Mint Chip Ice Cream.
But German Chocolate Cake is definitely my thing: chocolate, coconut and I don't even mind the pecans. I wouldn't mind eating German Chocolate Cake without the nuts but then it wouldn't be a true German Chocolate Cake, would it?
There's a $1.49 upcharge at my store for the cake so, on top of the single cookie price, it was $5.98 plus tax for a total of $6.47. 
I liked this cake. It wasn't too overwhelmingly richly chocolatey but still had good chocolate flavor. It had a tad too much chocolate frosting for me but the coconut pecan frosting helped offset that. I think the coconut pecan frosting was the best part of the cake. I wouldn't eat it on its own but it paired perfectly with the light cakey chocolate cake layers. Between the two chocolate cake layers, the coconut pecan frosting and the chocolate frosting on top, it was also so tall that it barely fit into the single serving pink Crumb box. Never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment