Alton Brown pancakes but good nonetheless. Oh, and if you make aesthetically pleasing pancakes, please feel free to share your how-to secrets of success.
2 cups flour5 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
2 cups milk
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat,
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, and milk together until well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix with a fork until mostly combined. Do not overmix.
- Lightly butter the preheated griddle and pour the batter by 1/4 cup scoops onto the griddle. Cook 3-4 minutes or until there are bubbles throughout the top of the pancakes and the edges look dry. Flip over and cook for another minute or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Serve warm with butter or syrup. Makes 20-24 pancakes.