1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups chocolate chips, divided
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup Nutella
*optional flaked sea salt for garnish
- In bowl off stand mixer cream butter and both sugars for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly incorporated.
- Melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler.
- Mix in melted chocolate into the butter mixture and evenly combine.
- With mixer on low add in the dry ingredients and blend until dough forms.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a zip-top or piping bag with Nutella and pipe teaspoon sized amounts onto parchment paper, similar to a Hershey Kiss. You will need 48 dollops of Nutella. Place baking sheet in freezer for at least an hour.
- When dough and Nutella are chilled preheat oven to 375°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form cookie dough around each Nutella piece using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While cookies are baking place Nutella back in freezer, as it will thaw out quickly.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.