Kim's Treats Truck cookbook in my baking book arsenal, thanks to one of my friends who had given it to me for a birthday gift. What a cool coincidence.
I used the Chewy Brownie recipe in Kim's book to make the base for these brownies. They came out perfectly fudgy and of course, I'm addicted to the nutella crunch topping I like to use on plain brownies. It just adds that little extra.
3/4 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 ounces dark chocolate
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Nutella Crunch Topping (click on link for recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" x 9" pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and chocolates in the top half of a double boiler set over hot water. Whisk to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the vanilla.
- When the butter and chocolates are melted and whisked smooth, take it off the heat and stir in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla/ Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir well with a spoon until smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. If desired, add the nutella crunch topping several minutes after taking the brownies out of the oven. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.