I don't normally make blondies because a lot of the ones I've tried are a trifle too sweet for me. But this was a good recipe from Chef in Training. It's got a nice brown sugar caramel toffee flavor and the Cadbury mini eggs offer a good crunch and chocolate flavor to pair with it. Don't underbake too much or it'll be too mushy (but don't overbake it either).
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups milk chocolate mini eggs
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift flower, baking soda and salt together.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugars.
- Add in vanilla and eggs mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until it is incorporated.
- Fold in Mini Eggs.
- Spread batter into a greased 8×8, 9×9, or 11×7 baking dish. (I made mine in an 8 x 8 pan for thicker bars.)
- Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing.