Saturday, February 9, 2013

Asian Pork Chops

Asian Pork Chops - made February 2, 2013, found on pinterest

I wish I could attribute this to the original site like I normally do but I found it on pinterest and the recipe was in the text while the pin only led back to a jpg file of the picture.  So, sorry to whoever it is that I can't give you credit for it but I don't know who you are.

This was another slow cooker recipe that suited my cooking skills.  I had pretty thick pork chops so I ended up cooking them for longer than the recipe said to, mostly because I like them to be fork tender. It was pretty good, probably made better because it was so simple.

P.S. If you notice my write-ups have been brief lately and I'm not participating in link parties like I used to, I'm just short on time these days so I'm just getting the posts up when I can and letting everything else go by the wayside for the moment.

Mix 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and black pepper to taste. Put meat in the crock pot (2.5 pounds boneless pork chops). Pour the sauce mixture over the meat, cook on low for about 5 hours (I had it on high for 2 hours then on low for 5-6 hours until the pork chops were fork tender).

No comments:

Post a Comment