Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fudgy Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt

Fudgy Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt - made December 15, 2012 from Ambitious Kitchen

I kept seeing this cookie recipe in the blogosphere and like any good baking sheeple, I wanted to try it.  Funny thing is, I'm indifferent to Nutella.  I like baking with it (as evidenced by the hefty two-pack I keep buying at Costco) but I don't go into raptures over it.  I've never eaten it right out of the jar and I don't spread it on bread or eat it "straight".  I just bake with it.  I'm the same way with peanut butter.  However, if you are a nutella fan, you might like to try these cookies since nutella is the star ingredient.  It's pretty much nutella fudge in cookie form.  I like the salty sprinkles since it offset the sweetness of the cookie.

I've been baking so much lately that I think I'm starting to lose my sweet tooth.  As in, sweets do not send me into raptures right now.  Which is a little worrisome if you're a baker.  I'm hoping this will pass.  Because by definition, temporary insanity is supposed to be temporary, right?

1 cup nutella
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup flour + 1 tablespoon
coarse sea salt for sprinkling (I used fleur de sel)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine all ingredients besides salt in a large bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
  3. After 10 minutes roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls, place on ungreased baking sheet at least two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cookies are set, then very carefully transfer to a wire rack. Generously sprinkle with sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment