Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mocha Cookies & Cream Brownies

Mocha Cookies & Cream Brownies - made December 8, 2012, recipe adapted from The Brownie Experience by Lisa Tanner


I needed brownies for some care packages so I dug this one out of my "Still Need to Make" file.  It's one of several from The Brownie Experience that I've had for years and I think I've made it long, long ago but I can't remember what it tasted like so it seemed like a good time to try it again.  I changed it slightly by leaving out the almonds the original recipe called for and adding Oreo chunks instead.

This wasn't super chocolaty and the coffee flavor wasn't too pronounced either.  The texture was moist but also not super fudgy.  So I'd consider this "okay" - remember I have very finicky taste buds, especially when it comes to brownies.  The Oreos were a good touch though and I'm glad I added them in.

5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 rounded tablespoon powdered instant coffee
1 cup butter, softened
1 ¾ cups brown sugar, packed
5 eggs
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1 generous cup Oreos, chopped into rough chunks

1.     Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Butter a 13 x 9 x 2” pan.
2.     Melt chocolate over low heat; stir in coffee powder and let cool.  In a large bowl, with wire whisk, cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.  Blend in vanilla, then melted chocolate mixture.  Gradually stir in flour.  Fold in Oreo chunks.  Spread batter in pan.
3.     Bake 20-30 minutes, or until done.  Let cool in pan completely before cutting.

Linked to Crazy Sweet Tuesday
 Inside BruCrew Life



No comments:

Post a Comment