4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (you can use semisweet, milk or white)
3/4 cup toffee bits
- Melt chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler over gently simmering water, whisking until completely melted and smooth. Cool for several minutes.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix briefly on low speed, just until combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about 2 minutes, until mixture is creamy. Reduce speed to low and beat in chocolate mixture.
- Fold in flour mixture then add chocolate chips and toffee bits; do not overmix.
- Portion into dough balls, cover and chill or freeze several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Evenly space frozen or chilled dough balls on baking sheets and bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.