Thursday, October 26, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #58 - Salted Caramel Pretzel Pie (test cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #58: Salted Caramel Pretzel Pie (test cookie) - visited October 18, 2023
I am clearly never going to be able to post my Crumbl reviews in "real time", aka when the actual cookies are available. But I keep plugging away as most cookies come around again and I've noticed my blog traffic spikes up on those past reviews when the cookies make the menu again.

Which is why I keep faithfully trying out the test cookies and reviewing them as someday I assume they'll make the regular menu. And when a cookie contains caramel, it's not such a sacrifice.

Last week's test cookie was the Salted Caramel Pretzel Pie. My test store (Sparks, NV) executed this one beautifully as you can tell from the pictures. I'm a huge fan of Crumbl's salted caramel. They do it really well and the flavor and texture are on point. I liked the cookie base as well but it was a trifle too underbaked for me, which is rare. Not seriously underbaked and you have to be careful with shortbread bases as they can easily become dry. But this wouldn't have hurt spending an extra 60 seconds in the oven. It was still good though.
I'm not usually a pretzel person but they worked well in this cookie. Probably the part I enjoyed the least was - you guessed it - the caramel mousse. The flavor was good but I'm not much of a custard-mousse person. The texture was not as fluffy as a mousse but lighter than their usual cream cheese frosting. 
If this makes the regular rotation, I wouldn't mind getting it again but I'd probably take off half the caramel mousse as a personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment