Friday, June 2, 2023

Super Fudgy Homemade Brownies from House of Nash Eats

Super Fudgy Homemade Brownies - made May 22, 2023, modified slightly from House of Nash Eats
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In the top half of a double boiler set over hot water, combine bittersweet chocolate and butter. Whisk together until completely melted and combined. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa powder until smooth and combined.
  3. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, whisking well to combine. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well until combined. Stir in flour and salt with a wooden spoon and beat in until combined and glossy. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Spread batter into prepared pan in even layer. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
I made 2 minor changes from the original recipe which are reflected in the recipe above. First, I only had unsalted butter so that's what I used instead of salted butter. And second, after I had mixed up the batter, I wasn't sure there was enough batter to make the thickness of the brownie I wanted so I baked it in an 8 x 8-inch pan instead of a 9-inch one.

Both tweaks worked out fine. I never time the brownies since I go by the toothpick test but this took closer to 40 minutes than 30 minutes before I was satisfied that it was just the right point of underbaked but not fully baked or dry.

It's best to let these cool completely to get a nice fudgy texture that isn't mushy. Taste-wise, I thought it was good. Not overwhelmingly richly chocolatey but still a good chocolate flavor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment