Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #41 - Pineapple Whip (mystery cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #41 - Pineapple Whip, visited June 2, 2023
Pineapple Whip
 Last week was mystery week at Crumbl which was a good thing as nothing on the regular menu interested me. I've already tried the Cookie Butter Ice Cream and didn't want to get again. Not into sprinkles or jams so pass on the Confetti Cake and Triple Berry Cobbler. And no temptation to get anything peanut butter which I think Crumbl does too often.

I've heard raves about the Pineapple Whip and how it tasted "like the Dole whip". Personally, I've never had Dole Whip so I had no clue whether I would like this cookie or not. I love pineapple but mostly in its pure form and I'm not a big lover of pineapple-baked things. So I was a little skeptical if I would like this or not.

Ha, I'm glad I overcame my skepticism to try this cookie as I loved it. The cookie itself, mostly. It was like a big sugar cookie that wasn't too sweet. It wasn't very pineapple-y but that's still fine by me. If there were pineapple chunks in the cookie (it didn't seem like it), I didn't notice. The topping was okay but a little too much for my non-frosting self. Still, the thickness of the cookie, the texture and the flavor was enough to overcome my bias against frosting. I almost regretted only getting one. Fortunately I limited myself to a third of the cookie and put the other two thirds in my freezer so I can enjoy the rest of the cookie later.
Oh and this is supposed to be served chilled but as usual, I don't like chilled cookies so I let this come to room temperature first. Maybe I would've liked the frosting better if it was chilled but then I don't think I'd like the cookie texture as much. I'll optimize for the cookie over the frosting any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment