Sunday, November 4, 2018

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - made dough September 9, 2018 from Created by Diane
Around the time I made the Oatmeal Chocolate ChipCookies, I also made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I made these pretty hefty-sized as well since you know, cookies. I think I only got 7 or 8 cookies out of one batch, I made each cookie so big. These didn’t spread that much so how big you make the cookie dough balls is going to be close to how they come out when baked.

When it comes to chocolate cookies, you know I always advocate underbaking them since chocolate sets once it cools and you want that magical fudgy interior. This was no exception. I also like the contrast of the lighter-colored peanut butter chips against the dark chocolate cookie even if I’m pretty indifferent to peanut butter and peanut butter chips.


I gave these away to some long-time friends when we met for dinner and they liked everything about the cookies so I guess they were a hit.

3/4 cup butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, combined
  1. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter together until smooth and creamy. Add in granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
  2. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
  3. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Portion into golf-ball size dough balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours of overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough discs. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Do not overbake.


No comments:

Post a Comment