Thursday, November 8, 2018

Brown Butter Toffee Cookies

Brown Butter Toffee Cookies - made September 15, 2018 from Sugar Spun Run
I made these awhile back and unfortunately didn't do a write up immediately after so I can't remember very much about these. Which doesn't mean they're bad, just that they were probably good but didn't stick in my mind for any particular reason.

Bear in mind I bake a lot though and I have pretty jaded taste buds so it takes a lot for something to stick. In general, I'd say these were good. Mine look a little more baked than the ones from the original blog. I didn't underbake them as much as the original blog as in my oven. If I had, that might've made them stand out more to me. These weren't dry as I baked them though; just more like a standard chocolate chip cookie but with toffee bits added.







1 cup unsalted butter, melted, browned and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate toffee pieces
1 cup chocolate chips
sea salt for sprinkling, optional
  1. Combine brown sugar and granulated sugar with browned butter, mix well. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter-sugar mixture, stirring until ingredients are just combined. Stir in milk chocolate toffee pieces and chocolate chips.
  3. Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls and pat into thick discs. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space frozen dough discs. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn golden brown and middles are just barely past looking raw. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment