favorite snickerdoodle recipe so I don’t know why I try new ones since nothing has ever unseated my favorite nor is it likely to. Wait, that’s a lie. I do know why. I just like making snickerdoodles and even if a new recipe isn’t better than my favorite one, I have an excuse to try a new recipe because it might be better and even if it isn’t, I end up with a batch of snickerdoodles. Win win.
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium-low speed until just combined and dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll dough balls into mixture, coating completely. Evenly space dough balls on baking sheets.
- Lower temp to 350 degrees F and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for several minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.