|First up in the "Good" category|
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together to form a grainy paste, 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on medium-low speed until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space frozen dough balls. Bake 15-16 minutes or until edges are brown and tops no longer look raw. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.