Sunday, September 1, 2013

Restaurant Review: Li Zhou Chinese Restaurant

Li Zhou Chinese Restaurant - lunch on August 11, 2013
The restaurant business is a tough one.  I don't have to be in it to realize that.  It's easy to tell by the ones that come and go in a fairly short time as it's an industry with a high failure rate.  Which is why I think it's important to patronize the small ones as much as possible and why I've started doing these blog reviews.  Even if you don't live where I do and can't go to the same places, I'm hoping it'll get people thinking about the small business restaurants and/or bakeries in their own area and go try them out.  Some will be good and some won't.  The ones that aren't good won't last long and even the good ones can go under if there isn't enough business and word of mouth. 
Won Ton Soup
Some are even too small to have their own website.  Li Zhou is one of them so I've linked their yelp reviews to the title.  My parents don't use yelp and I think they found this restaurant simply by driving past it.  Or one of their friends brought them the first time and they've been going back ever since.  My dad likes their Crispy Fried Chicken as it IS crispy but not greasy.  Their won ton soup is also pretty good, not too salty.
Crispy Fried Chicken (half order)
This last time around, we also tried out their Tangerine Beef which I liked.  It's a little sour from the tangerines but I liked the little bit of sour as part of the flavor.  It's lightly breaded, the beef was tender and the breading retains some crispness despite the sauce. 
Tangerine Beef
Li Zhou also offers catering which I imagine helps it stay in business.  It's a common practice for most restaurants; that way, they sell more food and can plan ahead for it.  It also alleviates having more wait staff since the orders are for pick up.  Hopefully they're doing well as the last time we went for Sunday lunch, the place filled up which surprised my parents as they're usually not so busy.  It might have surprised Li Zhou's staff as well as our orders took a little longer than usual to come out as their kitchen was behind. I consider it a small price to pay to watch a small restaurant get more business.

No comments:

Post a Comment