Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Chewy Coconut Cookies

Chewy Coconut Cookies - made dough June 26, 2021 from Kirbie Cravings
I'm going to keep this short and blog out of order because, if you're a coconut lover, you need to scroll all the way down to the recipe and make these. Preferably now. You'll thank me later.

This is probably one of the best coconut cookies I've ever had. Normally I like my cookies to be soft and chewy with maybe a little bit of crisp at the edges. This was more crisp except for the center but that's part of what made them so good.

I made a couple of modifications which I noted in the recipe. Namely, I used vanilla extract instead of coconut extract because, much as I love coconut, I hate coconut extract and its metallic artificial taste. Vanilla extract worked just fine.

This is also perfect to make in the summer and hot temps because there's nothing to melt if you were to pack some for a picnic and eat one or five. Enjoy.


2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon coconut extract (I used vanilla)
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (I used sweetened, flaked coconut)
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and well combined, 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg and extract.
  3. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing briefly on low speed until just combined. Do not overbeat. Add coconut and mix just until combined.
  4. Portion dough into golf-ball-size balls and flatten slightly into thick discs. Smooth edges with your fingers so no coconut pieces stick out. Cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough discs on prepared sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and lightly golden brown and middles no longer look raw. Let rest on baking sheets for several minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment