Thursday, July 23, 2020

Easy Oatmeal Cookies

Easy Oatmeal Cookies - made dough July 8, 2020 from Averie Cooks
I have a favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe already but I've tried many good recipes from Averie Cooks so I thought I'd try this one as well.
The advantages of this recipe is it's easy to mix by hand in a bowl and doesn't require chilling. So it's a good recipe for a novice or someone who doesn't bake that often. That would not be me so I didn't take advantage of the touted benefits. I mixed it in my kitchen aid and did my usual thing of portioning into dough balls and freezing before baking.

So I can't tell you how these would've turned out otherwise but they did turn out well. It's a standard oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. It didn't topple my current favorite recipe but it was still good. And if you make it the easy way like Averie suggests, I'm sure it would still turn out well.


1 large egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned whole rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium-size bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix briefly just to combine. 
  3. Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Portion into dough balls and evenly space on baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Remove to wire rack and let cookies cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment