Second recipe from my new baking book and it’s another winner. You know how much I love my sheet cakes. This is made in a similar manner to a Texas Fudge Cake and is equally easy to make and equally delicious as well.
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup creamy Biscoff spread
1 cup water
½ cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips, optional (I left them out)
½ cup butter
1/3 cup buttermilk
½ cup creamy Biscoff spread
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sugars, flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring Biscoff spread, water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add the dry ingredients followed by the egg mixture. Stir well and transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Frosting: Bring butter, buttermilk and Biscoff spread to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar followed by the vanilla. The frosting will be thick.
- Pour evenly over the cake while the cake is still warm from the oven and the frosting is still hot.