Voyageur du Temps in my freezer and decided it was time to put it in use as well as use up some milk before it expired.
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 pound challah, cut into thick slices then cubed
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 large bananas, sliced into rounds
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk or until desired consistency
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk eggs and milk together in large bowl; add sugar and cinnamon. Add challah cubes and let soak for at least an hour, covering bread completely with mixture.
- Make streusel, cutting in cold butter until streusel is coarse crumbs. Squeeze handfuls together to make large clumps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 8 x 8 pan or similar size. Arrange soaked bread in even layer. Place sliced bananas evenly on top. Sprinkle with streusel, covering top as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until custard is set and streusel is browned. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over top of streusel. Serve warm.