Friday, May 29, 2015

Restaurant Review: Newark Buffet

Newark Buffet - lunch on April 29, 2014 (that's not a typo, I'm just really overdue on posting this)
I’m clearing out all the old blog posts that I’ve had in “draft” status for months now, including this one for Newark Buffet. It's been so long I almost forgot I hadn't written it up before. I don’t go here that often because I’m rarely in that area during the week and their weekend buffet prices are higher so my parents and I don’t go there for our post-church Sunday lunches.

The last time I was there when I took these pictures is when I had a day off and my mom and I were flying back from visiting my sister. We landed near the middle of the day and met my dad for lunch. It’s very similar to World Gourmet in that it has a lot of selections, it’s “good enough” food for a buffet but I wouldn’t consider it haute cuisine. 

My buffet experiences are mostly around finding a few dishes I like and consuming normal portions of those. I’m not one to pile a lot of different foods on my plate since my palate is not that adventurous nor can I consume a lot of food in one sitting. I’m more of a snack-throughout-the-day kind of person than a 3 big-meals-a-day sort. So it’s safe to say my ROI on a buffet is on the low end of the investment spectrum.

Still, my parents like to go to them for simplicity and the variety of dishes offered and I can usually consume enough to make the $9.99 price tag for lunch sufficiently worth it. I think this is average, on par with World Gourmet. If you’re looking for French Laundry, this isn’t it. If you’re looking for a reasonably-priced place to bring a large group and you don’t want to worry about picky eaters starving (anyone can find something to eat at a buffet), then this is a decent choice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment